Up North Plastics is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor join our team. Up North Plastics produces several lines of polyethylene products including high quality trash bags, construction films, and agricultural film. Up North Plastics recently completed a new building at our Cottage Grove MN location and is hiring due to company growth.
Shift: Mon-Fri 6:00AM - 4:30PM
Ideal candidates must possess:
• 2-4 years experience managing an industrial maintenance group preferred
• Strong electrical background.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective project management abilities.
• Able to perform any and all physical job requirements for the maintenance department.
• Responsible for working with engineering and operations when planning equipment installation and alterations, propose upgrades to existing machinery when needed.
• Supervise the planning of plant and equipment maintenance and repair. Ensure that all repairs and projects are done in a safe and timely manner.
• Develop technical training and other maintenance practices to help eliminate downtime and improve employee morale.
• Lead by example and prioritize duties with key use of delegating.
• Motivate subordinates and foster a team environment.
• Represent the maintenance department in departmental meetings.
• Identify and solve leading downtime contributors.
• The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or assigned by management.
Up North Plastics offers competitive compensation packages including Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).